- About Us
Two extended rock blasting closures planned next week on Snoqualmie Pass
Drivers planning to drive over Snoqualmie Pass next week need to plan for at least two hours of added travel time.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews plan to close Interstate 90 in both directions starting at 8 p.m., Monday, July 1 and Tuesday, July 2. Traffic will be stopped from Gold Creek (milepost 56) to Easton (milepost 70). A reopening time depends on the amount of debris that comes down and the stability of the rock slope.
Drivers will also experience minor delays Monday and Tuesday due rolling slowdowns from Hyak (milepost 54) to Price Creek (milepost 61).
Drivers will not run into construction-related delays on I-90 Wednesday through Sunday, however, an increase in traffic due to the Fourth of July holiday could cause some delays. Drivers are reminded to know before they go by checking our tools.
• Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/i90/whatshappening> for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/emailupdates>
• Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/snoqualmie/default.aspx> for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
• Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/regions/southcentral/Construction/> and Traffic Web<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Traffic/trafficalerts/default.aspx?route=I-90%252526view=main%252526action=3> page for region-wide updates
• Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
• Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/#!/snoqualmiepass> @snoqualmiepass
• Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511