- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Victim of home invasion and assault in Maple Valley shoots and apparently wounds suspects | Update
A Maple Valley man fought back Tuesday night after a suspected team of burglars broke into his home and stole guns, drugs and money. The 38-year-old victim shot at the suspects before they escaped, wounding at least two people.
The victim was home when shortly after a friend came over the suspects entered the house, bound the man and assaulted him, according to information provided by the King County Sheriff's Office. The suspects then cleared out the victim's open safe of a number of guns, drugs and cash before leaving.
The man broke free of his restraints, armed himself then headed out of his home and fired at the suspects with a handgun before they fled in cars into Maple Valley. Witnesses told deputies they saw guns thrown out of a fleeing vehicle along a busy Maple Valley street.
A man whom authorities believe to be in his 30s was dropped off at the 7-11 store on the corner of Witte Road and Maple Valley Highway with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the face. A woman drove herself to the hospital with an apparent gunshot wound to the buttocks. According to West, both are believed by detectives are suspected of involvement with the burglary of the man's home in some way.
KCSO Major Crimes detectives are investigating the case. Anyone who has information about the crime can call the tip line at 206-263-2130 and refer to case number 13-187698.