- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mudslides close Rainy Pass - North Cascades Highway | WSDOT
Heavy rain caused more mud and rock slides over State Route 20 in several locations, indefinitely closing a 24-mile stretch between the North Cascades passes. With heavier rains expected today, crews do not expect to reopen the highway until sometime next week.
The North Cascades Highway is closed between mileposts 147 (10 miles west of Rainy Pass) and 171 (9 miles east of Washington Pass) while the Washington State Department of Transportation assesses how long it will take to clear the slides. Crews will likely wait until the rain subsides to begin cleanup efforts, since more debris may come down as the day progresses.
Hyperlinks within this release: