- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Snoqualmie Pass to close at 6 p.m. Sept. 16 for rock blasting
As the days get shorter, rock blasting closures on Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass get earlier. Next week closures will start at 6 p.m. and will remain until crews wrap up construction in late October
Drivers need to plan for an hour or more of added travel time starting at 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 16 and Thursday, Sept. 19 and two or more hours starting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 17 and Wednesday, Sept. 18. During rock blasting closures, the Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close I-90 eastbound at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound at Price Creek (milepost 61). Drivers are encouraged to use exits before the closure points to access services.
For the next two weeks, drivers traveling near Easton will experience delays due to traffic restriction in both directions.
- From 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15 through 9 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 22 traffic will be restricted to two lanes eastbound and one lane westbound.
- From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22 traffic will be restricted to two lanes westbound and one lane eastbound.
- The westbound on-ramp at exit 71 will be closed until Oct. 3, 2013. Detour signs will direct drivers around the closure.
Drivers are encouraged to use the tools WSDOT provides to plan their trips over I-90:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511