- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
King County Council meeting highlights | Oct. 28-Nov. 1
Monday, October 28
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m.
• Annual briefing from 4Culture—the cultural services agency for King County (Briefing No. 2013-B0158).
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Councilmembers will recognize the North Seattle Boys and Girls Club as they celebrate 70 years of outreach to county youth.
--Councilmembers will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address Councilmembers on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• An ordinance implementing the charter amendment creating the Department of Public Defense (Substitute Ordinance 2013-0242.2).
King County Flood Control District – Immediately following the meeting of the King County Council ***Special Meeting***
Supervisors are scheduled to hear public comment on:
• A resolution adopting the Flood District’s 2014 work program, budget, operating budget for King County, capital budget, six-year capital improvement program, oversight budget and opportunity fund project list, and authorizing improvements (Substitute Resolution FCD2013-14.2).
• A resolution authorizing a property tax levy increasing property tax revenue to implement the District’s 2014 work program; and protecting a portion of the District’s property tax levy from proration under RCW 84.52.815 (Resolution FCD2013-15).
• A resolution amending the interlocal agreement between King County and the King County Flood Control Zone District to extend its term (Substitute Resolution FCD2013-16.2).
King County Ferry District – Immediately following the meeting of the King County Council ***Special Meeting***
Board members are scheduled to hear public comment on:
• A resolution adopting the adopting the Ferry District’s 2014 budget and work plan (Resolution FD 2013-10).
• A resolution adopting the District’s 2014 property tax levy (Resolution FD 2013-09).
• A resolution adopting the King County Ferry District’s 2014 water taxi fares (Resolution FD 2013-08).