- About Us
King County Council Dece. 16 highlights
At today’s Council meeting, council members:
- Unanimously adopted an ordinance relating to the 2013 levy of property taxes in King County for collection in the year 2014 (Ordinance 2013-0425).
- Unanimously approved a motion opposing the establishment of new coal terminals in Oregon and Washington and urging a comprehensive environmental review of the impacts of proposals for new terminals, including the associated transport and burning of coal (Motion 2013-0386).
- Unanimously approved an ordinance establishing a pilot program that encourages County employees to be innovative and for the County to commercialize creative ideas, inventions, tools and software programs generated by its employees (Ordinance 2013-0434).
- Unanimously adopted an ordinance ratifying the execution of agreements for jail services with the cities of Burien, Enumclaw and Federal Way (Ordinance 2013-0505).
- Unanimously approved an ordinance establishing February 11, 2014 as the date of a special election on the question of the annexation of the Klahanie Annexation Area to the city of Issaquah (Ordinance 2013-0523).
- Held action on a motion adopting King County’s 2014 (FY 2015) Federal Agenda (Motion 2013-0513). The Council will consider the motion at its January 13, 2014 meeting.
- Approved motions making appointments to fill the vacancies in the Washington state Legislature:
o Jamie Pederson was appointed to the vacancy in the State Senate in the 43rd Legislative District (Motion 2013-0528).
o Brady Walkinshaw will fill the State Representative vacancy in the 43rd Legislative District (Motion 2013-0529).
o Mia Gregerson will become the new State Representative for the 33rd Legislative District (Motion 2013-0531)
- Unanimously adopted a motion naming Larry Phillips as Chair of the Council in 2014 and naming Joe McDermott and Jane Hague as the Vice Chairs of the Council (Motion 2013-0525).