- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Metropolitan King County Council | March 17
At today’s Council meeting, Council members:
--Council members recognized March 2014 as Women’s History Month in King County
Council members adopted:
- A motion in support of the Civics for All Initiative (Motion 2014-0068).
Council members deferred for one week:
- An ordinance amending the 2014 Budget; making net supplemental appropriations to several general fund agencies, to the annual capital fund budget, and to various non‑general fund agencies (Substitute Ordinance 2014-0051.2).
This Week at the Metropolitan King County Council
Tuesday, March 18
Transportation, Economy and Environment Committee – 9:30 a.m. (detailed agenda)
- An ordinance approving and adopting an update to the Rural Economic Strategies Plan (Ordinance 2013-0408).
- A motion addressing income inequality with the establishment and implementation of a living wage policy for King County (Motion 2014-0058).
- Pay Equity for County Employees (Briefing No. 2014-B0044).
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee – Canceled
Wednesday, March 19
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m.
Agenda will be available online by Tuesday.
King County Ferry District Executive Committee – 12:00 p.m. (detailed agenda) ***Special meeting location*** The Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr, King County Courthouse
Committee members will discuss and possibly recommend to the full Board of Supervisors:
- Approval of invoices
- Management reports
Regional Transit Committee – Canceled
Thursday, March 20
Board of Health – 1:30 p.m. (detailed agenda)
- Cell Phone Distraction and Drivers ‑ A Public Health Concern (Briefing No. 14-B06).
- Secure Medicine Return—Initial Briefing (Briefing No. 14-B07).
- Food Program Review ‑ Overview of Recommendations (Briefing No. 14-B08).
Read more about this legislation on the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at http://kingcounty.legistar.com and enter the item numbers above