- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Washington state hosting National Work Zone event
The Washington State Department of Transportation is hosting the 2014 kick-off event for National Work Zone Awareness Week, April 7 through 11.
National Work Zone Awareness Week Kick-off Event
When: 10 a.m., Tuesday, April 8.
Where: State Route 99 work zone, follow signs to Terminal 46, with the event site at top of new South Atlantic Street Overpass.
Speakers: Greg Nadeau, Federal Highway Administration deputy administrator; Jack Van Steenburg, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration assistant administrator; Chief John Batiste, Washington State Patrol; Secretary of Transportation Lynn Peterson, WSDOT; Ken Lakey, WSDOT employee; and family of fallen WSDOT workers.
Visuals: The National Work Zone Memorial Wall, work zone cones and signs, WSDOT workers, family and friends
Important information: Please wear sturdy shoes. No parking is available at the event site. There are parking lots in the area and shuttles are available starting at 9 a.m. from WSDOT’s information center, MP 31, located at 211 First Ave. South, Seattle.