- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Guidance for residents unable to meet health care deadline | Washington Healthplanfinder
With the deadline to enroll in a Qualified Health Plan through wahealthplanfinder.org now passed, Washington Healthplanfinder is reaching out to residents who couldn’t complete their application by March 31 with important guidance to qualify for a special enrollment. Washingtonians who were prevented from submitting their application by the deadline should complete these steps as soon as possible to qualify for coverage that begins May 1, 2014.
As a reminder, those who qualify for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) may enroll at any point during the year, as well as American Indians/Alaskan Natives who are enrolled members of a federally recognized Tribe or an Alaska Native Corporation.
“We recognize that some customers may have experienced difficulty meeting the deadline due to long wait times at the Customer Support Center or other barriers to enrollment,” said Richard Onizuka, Chief Executive Officer for the Washington Health Benefit Exchange. “If these individuals are seeking coverage by May 1, they should complete these steps as soon as possible to have their case reviewed by staff.”
The Exchange has already reviewed several groups of applications in the system based on application activity and will open a special enrollment period for individuals who have encountered technical problems on or before March 31. Individuals who have been approved for a special enrollment period will receive notification from the Exchange within the next week.
Washington Healthplanfinder offers this important information about the special enrollment process:
- If Customers Started an Application by March 31: If customers were unable to finalize their application by March 31, the Exchange will contact them with instructions to complete their application after the deadline.
- If Customers Couldn’t Start an Application by March 31: If residents couldn’t start an application by March 31, they will need to fill out an online Request for Enrollment Form located here: https://petition.wahealthplanfinder.org/ . They may start an application so that they can provide an application ID number to complete the form. They may also contact the toll-free Customer Support Center, a Navigator or a Broker to assist them with their application and the online form. Staff will review cases in the order that they are received.
- Include an Application ID: Customers must provide an application ID number to complete this form. This number can be located via the user’s Account Dashboard under the Primary Applicant Information Screen in the upper right-hand corner. If customers need help locating this number, they may contact the toll-free Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.
- Cases Will Be Reviewed: Staff will review cases in the order they are received. Please note that it may take two to three weeks on average to review these requests and verify eligibility for a special enrollment period.
- Select a Plan and Complete Payment: Residents who are granted a special enrollment must take the necessary steps of selecting and submitting payment for a Qualified Health Plan to complete the enrollment process.
“We are proactively reaching out to customers who were unable to finalize their applications by March 31 to help them complete the enrollment process,” said Onizuka. “This new online form will allow those who were unable to start their application by the March 31 deadline to explain their situation.”
While enrollment in Qualified Health Plans ended on March 31, residents may also be eligible to enroll outside of the enrollment period if they have a qualifying life event such as a change in family size, marriage, divorce, having or adopting a child, no longer being eligible for a parent’s health insurance due to a 26th birthday, moving to a new state and certain changes to income.
For more information about the special enrollment process, read these Frequently Asked Questions:
For more information about Washington Healthplanfinder and to enroll in health coverage, visit wahealthplanfinder.org.