- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Drivers should plan for delays this weekend on I-90 east of Snoqualmie Pass
Drivers traveling over Interstate 90 east of Snoqualmie Pass this weekend should plan for added travel time.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will reduce traffic along a three mile section of I-90 east of the summit to a single lane in each direction from until . Two lanes westbound will reopen from . From until , drivers will experience delays due to single lane closures 24 hours a day.
Drivers will also experience minor delays through due to shoulder and ramp closures at the Oakes Ave Interchange near Cle Elum (milepost 85) and the Thorpe Road Interchange near Ellensburg (milepost 101). The eastbound Indian John Rest Area will close to travelers at until 7 p.m. . Drivers will need to watch for signs directing them to the next rest area.
It’s going to be a very busy construction season and drivers need to use the following resources to help plan their trips over I-90:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates.
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
- Check the weekly Construction Updates and Traffic pages for region-wide updates.
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass.
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.