- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Rock blasting, single lane closures on Snoqualmie Pass
Drivers will experience delays next week on Interstate 90 east of Snoqualmie Pass due to rock blasting and single lane closures at night and rolling slowdowns during the day.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close I-90 at 7:30 p.m. for about an hour each nightMonday, June 2 through Thursday, June 5. During rock blasting closures, eastbound drivers will be stopped at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound drivers will be stopped at Price Creek (milepost 61).
Nighttime single lane closures eastbound will cause delays for drivers from Denny Creek (milepost 47) to the Hyak vicinity (milepost 55) Monday through Friday. During the day drivers will experience delays due to rolling slowdowns three miles east of the Snoqualmie Pass Summit around Keechelus Lake.
It’s a busy construction season and drivers need to use the following resources to help plan their trips over I-90 this summer:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects and traffic impacts and to sign up for email updates.
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
- Check the weekly Construction Updates and Traffic pages for region-wide updates.
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass.
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.