- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Plateau Cowboy Gathering featuring cowboy poets and singers | Slideshow
There were a lot of cowboys singing and reciting poetry in Enumclaw Saturday
From 1 to 5 p.m. the Plateau Cowboy Gathering, featured cowboy poets and singers, at four Cole Street restaurants in Enumclaw:
• Jackson's, 1537 Cole St.
• Rainier Bar & Grill, 1623 Cole St.
• Kelly's Mercantile, 1444 Cole St.
• The Mint, 1608 Cole St.
The event will feature four acts rotating to each of the restaurants.
The four acts are:
• Rockin' HW - Alan Halvorson, cowboy singer, Ramon Selby, fiddle player and Michael Whitaker, cowboy poet
• Stan Kvistad - cowboy poet, Paul Wilson, cowboy singer
• Duane Nelson - cowboy poet
• TR Stewart, cowboy singer
The four venues will be marked with hay bales. There is no admission charge for the events.
Cowboy poetry and music celebrates the heritage of cowboys in the old West and the modern-day cowboys.