- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Seattle area road closings | WSDOT
Here’s what’s happening (all roadways will open by 5 a.m. Monday, June 30)
- 10 p.m. Friday: The two left lanes of northbound I-5 at the West Seattle Freeway close to replace the left half of seven aging expansion joints. No ramps will be closed.
- 11 p.m. Friday: Both directions of the SR 520 floating bridge will be closed between Montlake Boulevard and Interstate 405 for annual maintenance inspection and concrete pouring on the West Connection Bridge and Eastside Transit and HOV Projects.
- 11 p.m. Friday: The intersection of Northup Way and 108th Avenue Northeast in Bellevue will be closed for improvements.
Maintenance on Northbound I-5 at the Ship Canal Bridge
- Work is confirmed for Sunday, June 29. Two right lanes of northbound I-5 on the Ship Canal Bridge will close from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. One lane will remain closed until 4 p.m. WSDOT maintenance crews will be performing bridge deck repair during the closure.
A number of local events this weekend will add to travel times and traffic congestion.
- Friday, June 27: The Mariners open a three-game series at Safeco Field against Cleveland at 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, June 28: The second game of the Mariners/Indians series begins at 7:10 p.m., and a Cher concert at Key Arena begins at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, June 29: The Seattle Pride Parade will close the southbound I-5 exit-only ramp to Union Street from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., and the Mariners/Indians series wraps up beginning at 1:10 p.m.