- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Sumner School Bond Failing
The Sumner School District bond as of this morning, Wednesday, was failing to gain the 60 percent super majority of yes votes necessary for passage.
Voters were supporting the bond by 3,996 yes votes, 58.05 percent, to 2,888 no votes or 41.95 percent.
Updated results will be released by 5 p.m. each day through Feb. 16 except for Saturday and Sunday.
The special election results will be certified by the Pierce County auditor Feb. 21.
The measure, titled Proposition No. 1, asked for more than $114 million of general obligation bonds to rebuild Lakeridge Middle School, purchase land for future school sites and modernize Sumner High School, Victor Falls, Bonney Lake and Maple Lawn elementary schools.