- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Kahne picked by President Bush
President George W. Bush recently announced his intention to appoint 17 individuals to serve in his administration. Among them is Enumclaw's Kasey Kahne.
Bush intends to appoint the NASCAR driver to the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation, for two-year terms. Kahne would be Washington state's representative.
Others on the list are: V. Jay Allen of Arkansas, Stephen Baldwin of New York, Jean Case of Virginia, Gerald Colangelo of Arizona, Evern Cooper of Georgia, Myrka DeLlanos of Pennsylvania, Hilary Duff of Texas, Patricia Heaton of California, Arthur Linkletter of California, Mary Myers of Virginia, Corinne Roberts of Louisiana, Michael Smith of Tennessee, Wendy Spencer of Florida, Roxanne Spillett of Georgia, Hope Taft of Ohio and Charles P. Turlinski of Ohio.