- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Enumclaw High girls shine at cheer camp
The Enumclaw High School cheer team attended a National Cheerleaders Association cheer camp at The Evergreen State College in Olympia earlier this month, bringing home an armload of awards.
- Ten girls from the EHS squad were nominated for NCA all-American cheerleaders and Megan Condon, a junior on this year's team, was selected for the honor.
- The EHS team received an NCA Spirit Stick three times during the four day camp.
- The group earned the NCA Herkie Award, given on the last day of camp to the one team that best displayed the founding principles of NCA: positive attitude, teamwork, leadership, work ethic and spirit.
- The NCA Spirit Coaches Award was given on the last day of camp to a single coach at camp who NCA felt best embodied the true meaning of cheer coaching: patience, encouragement , proper technique and a sense of humor. EHS cheer coach Kim Westerberg was chosen for the award.
- Westerberg also was chosen for the NCA Coaches Congeniality Award, voted on by all coaches attending the camp.