- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Dinner/auction to benefit coke ovens
A fund raiser for the Wilkeson coke oven restoration project is planned for Saturday at the Wilkeson Eagles Club.
The dinner, auction and dance gets under way at 5 p.m. A prime rib dinner - which comes with baked potato, Caesar salad, green beans, rolls and ice cream - will be served until 8 p.m. There will be a silent auction and possibly a short live auction following dinner. At 8:30, the classic rock band "Wing Nutz" will take the stage and play until 1 a.m.
Tickets for the entire evening are $12; tickets for the dance only are $5.
For information, to order tickets or to donate to the auction, call Donna Hogerhuis at 360-897-6870.
The historic Wilkeson coke ovens are near Wilkeson Elementary School, next to the site of the town's annual handcar races. It is hoped that several of the coke ovens can be restored to their original condition during the next few years.
Wilkeson Eagles Aerie No. 1409 is calling all musicians and singers to an "open mic" jam session from noon until 6 p.m. Sunday. "Dr. Harmonica" will host and all players and singers are welcome.
Refreshments and food will be available all afternoon. If the jam session is a success, the Eagles are considering making this a monthly event.
For information, call Jeff at 360-829-9577.