- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Eagles accidentally poisoned near city
At least six bald eagles were found in the Enumclaw area during the past couple of weeks, poisoned and needing medical attention.
The source of the poisoning was determined to be a horse that had been euthanized on a rural property. The horse’s owner had attempted to bury the animal, but equipment failure reportedly delayed the process. While it was exposed, the eagles began feeding on the carcass.
Game Warden Bruce Richards was shuttling the birds to PAWS for treatment and releasing those that had recovered.
The cost to care for each eagle was $140 per week and donations are still being accepted to cover the cost on behalf of PAWS at Country Animal Hospital and City Perk on Cole Street in Enumclaw.
Contributions were also being taken directly through the PAWS Web site, www.paws.org. PAWS is a tax-exempt organization and contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.