- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Enumclaw sets dates for registration Education
The Enumclaw School District will host its kindergarten orientation at each of the district’s elementary schools in April.
Children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 31. A parent or guardian must present a child’s birth certificate at registration. Washington state immunization requirements must be met and proof of residence must be provided at the time of registration.
A list of times, dates and locations follows, along with each school’s phone number:
• Byron Kibler Elementary School – 6:30, 7 and 7:30 p.m. April 7, 360-802-7263.
• Southwood Elementary School – 6:30 p.m. April 23, 360-802-7373.
• Sunrise Elementary School – 6:30 p.m. April 23, 360-802-7425.
• Westwood Elementary School – 1:30 and 6 p.m. April 23, 360-802-7620.
• Black Diamond Elementary School – 6:30 p.m. April 30, 360-802-7573.
For information about registration or orientation, contact the appropriate neighborhood school.
open for enrollment
White River School District kindergarten registration will be March 18. Children must be 5 years of age by Aug. 31 to qualify. Parents or guardians are encouraged to registration childrend at their home elementary school, even if they are planning to request an intradistrict transfer. Registration is from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. at each school’s main office.
To find out in which elementary boundary a student resides, call the district office, 360-829-0600, with a street address.
At registration, remember to provide:
1. Proof of residency which verifies a street address (i.e., utility bill);
2. A copy of the child’s birth certificate;
3. Child’s most current immunization record;
4. Names, addresses and phone numbers of at least two individuals (other than the parent) who can be contacted in case of an emergency;
5. Name and phone numbers of child’s doctor and dentist.
Also, the student being registered should be present at registration.
Homework topic for
Thunder Mountain Middle School invites parents to participate in a discussion about homework at 7 p.m. Thursday at the school.
Parade will honor state champions
The Enumclaw School District will celebrate its winter state champions with a parade down Cole Street at 4 p.m. Friday.
Among those being honored will be the two-time state champion boys wrestling team, individual boys wrestling champions Sam Bauer and Jason Gray and girls wrestling champion Chantelle Bailey.
Bailey and teammate Jenny Paterson will also be honored for their academic state titles.