- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
• Police were told the afternoon of Feb. 25 of a female passenger in a car holding an infant on her lap. Police were unable to locate the gray Volkswagen.
• A traffic stop about 7:45 p.m. Feb. 25 resulted in the driver taken into custody and booked for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Later that evening, bail was posted and the subject was released.
• Police responded to a Jensen Street facility about 5 a.m. Feb. 24 after being called by staff. A patient was attempting to leave the facility, despite orders that he was not to drive. The subject reportedly was becoming aggressive when confronted by staff. The situation was calmed after the officer arrived.
• A commercial burglary was reported the morning of Feb. 23 by staff at a Griffin Avenue business. Entry was gained through a window that had been broken. Narcotics and cash were taken.
• At 7 p.m. Sunday a Cedar Street resident assaulted his spouse, then sped away in a car in an unknown direction threatening to commit suicide with a loaded shotgun he already had stored in the vehicle. The 33-year-old man was eventually talked into turning himself in at the Buckley police station, where he was arrested for domestic violence assault in the fourth degree along with interfering with reporting domestic violence.
MAIL THIEF CAUGHT
• About 1:30 p.m. Saturday, a 26-year-old female from Enumclaw was observed stealing mail from the Mt. Rainier Bank mail box at 112th Street. The subject was caught after a short foot pursuit and was arrested for theft in the third degree, obstructing a public servant, resisting arrest and possession of a legend drug. She was booked and held on $2,000 bail.
SCREAMING AT MOM
• At about 7:15 p.m. Thursday, police were dispatched to South Division Street where a young woman was reportedly screaming in the middle of the road. It was discovered that a woman was standing in the street speaking to her mother in a very loud voice. No crime was committed and the 24-year-old woman was transported to a friend’s house in Tacoma.