- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Farm meeting set for March 12
Farming has been an important part of the landscape since King County’s earliest days, and county leaders want to hear ideas from local farmers about ensuring the future of agriculture here.
The public is invited to help shape the future of agriculture in King County by attending a 7 p.m. March 12 meeting in the Enumclaw High School commons sponsored by the King County Agriculture Commission.
Meeting participants will be asked to share their opinions on several important questions, including:
• What are you growing or raising and how is it changing?
• What kinds of resources or services do you need to be a successful farmer in the future?
• What are the trends you think are important to the future of farming in this region?
• How can King County nurture and promote the business of farming for the future?
If you are not a farmer, please share your interest in preserving our agricultural heritage.
Information collected during the public meetings will be used in a report to the King County Council relating to the future of agriculture within the county’s agricultural production districts, plus recommendations for legislation regarding the allowed size of agricultural accessory buildings.
Thoughts on the future of farming can also be shared with King County through a short online questionnaire, which can be accessed through the county’s Water and Land Resources Division Web site at http://www.kingcounty.gov/wlr.
For more information and other ways to share ideas, contact Steve Evans at 206-296-7824 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.