- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Enumclaw schools set aside day for outreach
The Enumclaw School District staff and community members will hit the streets of Enumclaw and Black Diamond again this year meeting neighbors and providing information about the school district.
According to Superintendent Mike Nelson, about 150 staff and community members will be walking neighborhoods, going door to door, in the two communities between 9 and 11 a.m. Saturday with an informational brochure about the school district.
A stage will be set up in downtown Enumclaw, near the chamber office, with student musicians playing from 10 a.m. to noon. Information about the district will be available there, too.
The school district calls the event Day of Outreach and uses it to celebrate the school district’s success and share those stories, along with information about programs with the community. Groups also try to answer questions or help residents find answers to questions they may have about the district.
“It’s truly an outreach to the incredible communities of Enumclaw and Black Diamond,” Nelson said. “As an educational system, we are so grateful to our community.”
Reach Brenda Sexton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-802-8206.