- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Boater safety class offered
Ridge Explorations will present a boater education card class from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 13 at the Enumclaw Expo Center fieldhouse.
Washington state law requires operators of watercraft having motors of 15 horsepower or greater to complete a basic boating safety course and obtain a boater education card. The card must be carried with the driver while operating a boat, much like a driver license.
Adventures in Boating Washington is the official Washington State Boating Education Course. This eight-hour course is approved by the National Association of state Boating Law Administrators.
Don Langlois, a U.S. Coast Guard master 100-ton offshore sailor, will be the instructor.
Course topics include knowing a boat, before getting under way, operating a boat safely, legal requirements, boating emergencies and enjoying water sports.
For information, contact Ridge Explorations at 253-891-0149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.