- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Former Mayor Blackburn dies
Keith Blackburn, independent businessman and former Enumclaw mayor, died July 10, 2009.
A native of England who emigrated to Canada before coming to Enumclaw, Blackburn made his mark by serving the community in numerous ways. He was on the city’s Planning Commission in the early 1980s, advanced to the City Council in 1986 and served a term as mayor from 1990-93. Along the way, he also served on the Board of Adjustments, Design Review Board and Town Center Commission. He was a longtime member of the local hospital’s board of directors and had been a regular at Enumclaw Rotary meetings for years.
Inurnment will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Evergreen Memorial Park in Enumclaw. A memorial service will follow at 1 p.m. at Calvary Presbyterian Church.
A full obituary can be found on page B3.