Enumclaw police reports Sept. 5-7
September 8, 2009 · 11:29 AM
• A traffic stop at 12:21 a.m. Sept. 7 at the intersection of state Route 410 and Warner Avenue resulted in the driver being arrested for driving with a suspended license; further, he was wanted on an outstanding warrant issued by Federal Way Municipal Court. He was taken to the Enumclaw station and his car was impounded.
• Police responded shortly after 1 a.m. Sept. 5 to a shoplifting incident at a Monroe Avenue store. Two suspects were located, taken into custody, booked on a third-degree theft charge and released. They also were banned from the store.
• A Porter Street resident reported an abandoned bicycle behind his garage. An officer responded, took the bike and placed it in storage. The following day, it was discovered the bicycle had been stolen. The owner was contacted and the bike was returned.
• A traffic stop at 8:46 p.m. Sept. 5 resulted in the driver being cited for possession of marijuana, reckless driving and driving with a suspended license. Also, the driver failed to have a required interlock device in the vehicle.
• Staff at a city hotel called police the afternoon of Sept. 4, telling of a woman who was using showers without permission and refusing to leave. Officers asked the woman to leave and not return; she agreed.
• One suspect was arrested at 4 p.m. Sept. 4 on warrants issued by the state Department of Corrections, King County Sheriff's Office and Kent Police Department. The suspect was transported to the county jail.