- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Buckley Relay crew sets Dec. 3 meeting
The Amerian Cancer Society’s Relay For Life is a team fundraising event, and one way to benefit many people while having fun. Experience team camaraderie while walking or running, and between laps, relax and enjoy activities or entertainment. It’s a memorable way to be pro-active and contribute to curing a disease that more than one million Americans are diagnosed with each year.
There’s an opportunity to be a part of the award-winning ACS Relay For Life in Buckley as organizers are set to rally for the 2010 event at 6 p.m. Dec. 3 at the White River High School commons. The relay itself is scheduled for May 14 and 15 along River Avenue.
The Buckley group is getting an early start because its 2009 Relay For Life will be a tough act to follow. Thanks to incredible support from the community, the Relay in Buckley was the single one of 25 events managed by the Tacoma/Pierce County ACS office to win the Pacesetter Award. Despite the recession, people in Buckley were able to win this award by adding more teams earlier and rasiing more money in donations.
Last year 30-plus teams raised more than $80,000.
For more information, contact Chairman Alisa Garate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-829-9684. Teams that sign up by Relay Rally night get $25 off the $100 registration fee.