- About Us
Enumclaw Police Reports Jan. 15-18
• Police were contacted shortly before 1 a.m. Jan. 18 regarding a disorderly patient at Enumclaw Regional Hospital. Upon arrival, a doctor refused to let an officer contact the patient, but asked if he could contact a victim in the lobby. It was eventually determined an assault had taken place outside local jurisdiction; a dispatcher attempted to pass the call to Pierce County, where a dispatcher refused the call. Local authorities were told Pierce County would not be responding but asked that the victim make contact when he returned to Pierce County.
• Police were told at 1:54 a.m. Jan. 18 that three males had attempted to shoplift energy drinks from a Monroe Avenue store. An employee recovered one drink from one of the suspects. An officer made contact with two juveniles but, after reviewing security tape, it was determined they were not suspects.
• A shoplifter was detained just prior to 11 p.m. Jan. 15 at a Monroe Avenue store, then taken into custody by police and booked for third-degree theft.
• A citizen attempting to visit an inmate at the Enumclaw jail Jan. 17 was arrested on a felony warrant issued by Tacoma; the original charge was driving under the influence. The subject was driven to the White River Amphitheatre and turned over to the Washington State Patrol.
• A door to City Hall was tagged with red spray paint, apparently during the early-morning hours of Jan. 17. Except for the paint, the building was not damaged.
• Police were alerted at 9:13 p.m. Jan. 16 to a fight in progress at a Myrtine Street address. It was determined a female had been assaulted by a man.
• Officers responded at 9:40 p.m. Jan. 16 to a report of a fight in progress involving three people at Rotary Park. The subjects had departed before police arrived.
• A residential burglary was reported at 5 a.m. Jan. 15. Taken from a shed attached to a Sunset Avenue residence were a Honda generator and various tools. There was no damage done to the shed. Extra patrol was requested for the area.
• A physical altercation between an adult daughter and her father resulted in one person taken into custody and charged with fourth-degree assault/domestic violence. The incident occurred just prior to 11 p.m. Jan. 15 at a Jewell Street address.