- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Local man victim of carjack attempt
By Kris Hill
For The Courier-Herald
An Enumclaw man got an unpleasant surprise on Valentine’s Day as he stopped to get gas at the Safeway gas station in Four Corners.
According to Sgt. John Urquhart, spokesman for the King County Sheriff’s office, the “man parked his car, left it unlocked and the keys in the ignition while he walked a few feet away to talk to his wife, who was in a second car.
“At some point he turned around and saw a man sitting behind the wheel of his car,” Urquhart said in an e-mail. “He ran back to his car and opened the door and confronted the guy. The suspect pulled ... a (two foot long) sword partially out of its sheath in a threatening manner, so the car owner backed away.”
Urquhart said the carjacker put the sword back into its sheath, got out of the car and walked away. Police were called but they could not locate the suspect who was described as a white male about 6 feet tall.