- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mother gives CPR and revives her 16-month-old daughter found floating in Lake Sawyer | Update
The Black Diamond Fire Department reported the mother of a 16-month-old girl saved her daughter’s life after the girl was found floating face down in Lake Sawyer Friday night about 8:30 p.m.
Fire department spokesman Tim Perciful stated the mother revived the girl by providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
According to Perciful the girl was with a group near the lake and wandered away. Members of the group began to search for her.
Perciful said the girl was found face down in the water within about five minutes by a family friend. The man pulled her from the water and Perciful said he began giving the girl “abdominal thrusts.”
The girl’s mother then began CPR and revived the girl.
Perciful said when the emergency medical personnel arrived they gave the girl aid and she was transported to a nearby hospital following.