- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Enumclaw teachers ratify contract
Teachers in the Enumclaw School District ratified a three-year contract June. 9. Approximately 90 Enumclaw Education Association members turned out at the Enumclaw High School library to give the nod.
“It was a good meeting,” President Mike Sando said. “It’s tough times. The district did the best they could under the circumstances.
Sando said he and others wish there were more resources available, but thought the district did what was best for itself and the association.
According to district Human Resources Director Kathy Lockyer, there is no increase in the teachers’ standard 181-day contract. The contract does call for an increase from 13.2 percent to 13.5 percent in the second year of the responsibility contract and 13.75 percent for the third year of the contract. Responsibility contracts are in addition to the state’s base salary schedule.
The board was expected to OK the contract at its Monday meeting.
The school calendar, which opened a debate regarding mid-winter break, is not part of the contract negotiation. The 2010-11 calendar was posted on the district’s Web site Thursday. It does include mid-winter break during February. The district and association are in the midst of negotiating the 2011-12 calendar.