• About 9 a.m. Feb. 22, an officer responded to a call by a citizen about damage to a business on state Route 410. Upon arrival the officer noticed the side entrance door was broken. There was no evidence of burglary and it looked as if the glass in the door was broken by a BB gunshot.
• A records check on a vehicle revealed the registered owner’s license was expired. The vehicle was stopped about 9 p.m. along SR 410 Feb. 25. While speaking to the driver, the officer recognized the passenger in the vehicle from earlier contacts. A check on the 25-year-old male passenger revealed a misdemeanor warrant out for his arrest from the Buckley Police Department for driving with a suspended license with a bail of $7,500. The man was arrested and taken to the Buckley jail. The 21-year-old driver was issued an infraction for driving with an expired license and released at the scene.
UNDER THE INFLUENCE
• Officers responded to a call about a possible DUI and hit-and-run in the parking lot of a business along SR 410 at 2:58 a.m. Feb. 21. Witnesses reported a vehicle weaving through traffic and nearly struck a pedestrian and vehicles. The witnesses followed the vehicle into a parking lot and watched as it nearly hit a curb and another vehicle. The witnesses reported the vehicle struck a parked car and then traveled to the other side of the lot and was parked. Officers located the 49-year-old driver as she was exiting a business she had visited with her 6-year-old son, who was also in the vehicle.
She admitted to driving, but said she did not remember hitting another vehicle. She consented to a field sobriety test at the scene and agreed to a breath sample, which resulted in a reading of .194. She was placed under arrest for DUI, hit and run and reckless endangerment and transported to Buckley jail for processing. Her son was released to his father.
• A 49-year-old male contacted police regarding malicious mischief damage on his property. An officer responded at 9:10 a.m. Feb. 23 and saw the victim’s vehicle was damaged. The victim did not hear any suspicious sounds the previous night, when he believes the damage occurred.
• At 1:45 a.m. Feb. 20 an officer was dispatched to a call of shoplifting in progress at a store on SR 410. The suspect was physically fighting with store security. When the officer arrived, the store manager said the suspect was in handcuffs in a back office. The suspect was recognized by the officer and appeared to be under the influence of an unknown narcotic. The fight began when the suspect attempted to flee and security tried to restrain her, according to security. The 20-year-old suspect was arrested.
• A 45-year-old female was arrested for domestic violence assault in the fourth degree Feb. 19. Officers were dispatched at 12:56 a.m. to a home near 108th Street Court East. Upon arrival, a 16-year-old witness and reporting party told an officer he witnessed his 53-year-old father being hit by the suspect. At one point the father shut himself in the bedroom and the suspect kicked a hole in the door. While the suspect was being transported to the Buckley jail she told an officer she was not completely honest because she was trying to keep the victim out of trouble.