A variety of different events to helps students and their families prepare for life after high school are scheduled at Pierce County libraries starting Jan. 25 and continuing until March 1.
The events are free to the public.
The scheduled events will include:
- Acing the SAT – Gain a basic understanding of the SAT test and simple strategies that will make the test less intimidating.
- College Application Writing – Students will learn what college admissions officers want to see in an essay.
- FAFSA – Navigate the financial aid process for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- SAT Practice Test – Take a free, fully-proctored and completely unofficial SAT practice test to get ready for the real test. Registration is required. Register online.
- SAT Test Results (for parents and students) – Learn about college admissions and the differences between the ACT and the SAT. Pick up tips for test preparation and overcoming test anxiety.
- What Does It Take? (for parents and students) – Understand admissions requirements for Washington State colleges and universities.
Below is the schedule of what events will be at a library near you.
Bonney Lake Pierce County Library
18501 90th St. E. 98391 • 253-548-3308
FAFSA: Saturday, Jan. 25 at 11 a.m.
What Does It Take?: Saturday, March 1 at 11 a.m.
Eatonville Pierce County Library
SAT Practice Test: Saturday, Feb. 8 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
SAT Test Results: Saturday, Feb. 22 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Milton/Edgewood Pierce County Library
Surprise Lake Square, 900 Meridian E., Suite 29
Milton 98354 • 253-548-3325
FAFSA: Tuesday, Jan. 28 at 6:30 p.m.
SAT Practice Test: Saturday, Feb. 15 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Acing the SAT: Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 6:30 p.m.
Parkland/Spanaway Pierce County Library
13718 Pacific Ave. S.
Tacoma 98444 • 253-548-3304
FAFSA: Saturday, Jan. 25 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
South Hill Pierce County Library
15420 Meridian E. 98375 • 253-548-3303
SAT Practice Test: Saturday, Feb. 15 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
SAT Test Results: Wednesday, Feb. 19 at 7 p.m.
Summit Pierce County Library
5107 112th St. E.
Tacoma 98446 • 253-548-3321
SAT Practice Test: Saturday, Feb. 1 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Sumner Pierce County Library
1116 Fryar Ave. 98390 • 253-548-3306
FAFSA: Monday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m.
SAT Practice Test: Saturday, Feb. 8 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Acing the SAT: Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 7 p.m.