Helpful Tips: Preventing and dealing with frozen pipes this winter

The city of Bonney Lake issued some helpful tips on how to prevent and deal with frozen pipes.

If in fact you have frozen pipes, the best suggestion is to call a licensed plumber to help you fix them.

The blog post also states that if, for any reason, you have a frozen or leaking water meter or need your water meter to be turned off, you must contact the city. If you cause damage to your water meter, you may be billed for repairs.

To talk with someone about turning your water meter off, contact the Public Works department at 253-447-3101 during normal office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For any emergencies after 5 p.m., call the 24-hour dispatch center at 253-841-5538.

For prevention tips and information, look at The Weather Channel’s website.