Office of the Insurance Commissioner | Q and A

The following questions and answers are provided by Washington State Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler.

The following questions and answers are provided by Washington State Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler:

Q: Does my homeowners insurance policy cover damage done by lightning?

A: In most cases, yes. Lightning is covered peril in standard homeowners policies. Typically, both direct physical damage – like burns, shattered windows, melted wiring – would be covered. And if the lightning sets your home on fire, your fire coverage would also kick in.

Q: How about lightning- caused damage to your electronics, like a TV or computer?

A: Those are also typically covered.

Q: And what about your car?

A: Again, in most cases yes – if you have comprehensive coverage.

More in News

Cross-country cyclists make first stop in Enumclaw

Pi Kappa Phi fraternity members from all around the country stopped at Ashley House on their first stop on the Journey of Hope tour.

Wyatt Hodder same in third in one of this year’s tree climbing competitions. Photo by Ashley Britschgi
Junior Show attracts 142 competitors, here are the winners

Make sure you don’t miss the big event next weekend.

Public health and medical community pledge to decrease gun violence | Public Health Insider

In 2016, 663 adults and 20 children died from a firearm injury in Washington state, including 144 adults and 7 children from King County.

Enumclaw couple reach marriage milestone of 75 years

Fred and Jean Gramann have been married since 1943

Jeter returns to Bonney Lake as police chief

The city has grown since he left 13 years ago, but Bryan Jeter says he’s ready for the challenge.

Enumclaw eighth-grader advances to Atlanta for History Bee finals

Kyle Bowen went to the quarter finals in the national competition.

$500K boost for Fennel Creek Trail project, keeps out of way of objecting neighborhood

Senator Phil Fortunato helped the city find money to cover the cost of going around the neighborhood instead of through it.

Spartans rock the cap and gown | Slideshow

Check out some photos from last Friday’s Sumner High School graduation.

Most Read