There were a lot of cowboys singing and reciting poetry in Enumclaw Saturday
From 1 to 5 p.m. the Plateau Cowboy Gathering, featured cowboy poets and singers, at four Cole Street restaurants in Enumclaw:
• Jackson’s, 1537 Cole St.
• Rainier Bar & Grill, 1623 Cole St.
• Kelly’s Mercantile, 1444 Cole St.
• The Mint, 1608 Cole St.
The event will feature four acts rotating to each of the restaurants.
The four acts are:
• Rockin’ HW – Alan Halvorson, cowboy singer, Ramon Selby, fiddle player and Michael Whitaker, cowboy poet
• Stan Kvistad – cowboy poet, Paul Wilson, cowboy singer
• Duane Nelson – cowboy poet
• TR Stewart, cowboy singer
The four venues will be marked with hay bales. There is no admission charge for the events.
Cowboy poetry and music celebrates the heritage of cowboys in the old West and the modern-day cowboys.