- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
No effort was made to offend Muslim faith
Editor’s note: this letter is in response to a letter that appeared in the Oct. 26 edition.
Why assume the worst of me? Learn to ask questions before making blanket statements. I find many American Christians apathetic about Jesus, otherwise they would practice what Jesus said: “If you love me obey my commands.” I actually put Muslims near the top, very respected. Many Muslims know what they believe and are not ashamed of it. I respect their devotion.
I find many people who are afraid to talk about their faith, know very little about their faith. People are afraid of what they do not know. Could that be why some polls say only 2 percent of Christians share their faith and other polls say 80 percent of America claims Christianity? Is not Jesus about love, compassion, giving unmerited favor and self-sacrifice where Christians put others ahead of themselves?
If more Christians practiced Christianity, America would be a different place.