- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Retired chief seeking support for Fire District 44 levy
I am a 28-year fire service veteran and retired chief officer from the Auburn Fire Department. I am also a resident in King County Fire District 44, where I served as a commissioner for six years.
I want to take this opportunity to urge my fellow citizens to approve Proposition One in the upcoming election. Like ourselves, our fire district has been a victim of the recession. It is important to remember that we are a volunteer fire department, supported by a small professional staff. The current fiscal situation is dire and support staff have already been laid off.
The reduction in what citizens are now paying for fire protection is a result of lower property values. The approval of this levy will ensure that operations can continue at very minimal levels for the next four years.
I respectfully request your support for this levy.
Monroe S. Shropshire