- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
King County wastes money, ignores local citizens | Letter
The Enumclaw City Council on April 9 had planned to discuss the 43,000 acre purchase proposed by King County on March 25. But any discussion was useless because King county decided to waste $11 million of the taxpayers’ money without any input from citizens or the city of Enumclaw which is directly next to the property.
Isn’t it wonderful how government just does what it wants and really doesn’t care what you think?
The letter written by Linda Atkins (April 10) expressed how pleased she was with this purchase, but: 1) does county government really have this kind of money to throw away like this? 2) government through this state’s Growth Management Act decides for its citizen where you can live and where you can’t live. If this city grows they are forced to pack people into the current city limits. And then if the city grows outside it’s limits it will eat up that farmland everyone likes here in Enumclaw.
The county, I believe, again gave its rural residence the middle finger by wasting $11 million of our money without any concern as to what citizens directly effected by this act had to say about it. Thank you Dow Constantine and the county clowns on the council.