- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Deregulation is the problem, not the answer
Since Ronald Reagan, actor, made his infamous comment, “government is the problem, not the solution,” we have seen a steady rise of deregulation pushed and fought for by Repugnicans in various parts of our government.
Deregulations have lead to a corresponding rise in problems – increased air pollution, water pollution, mercury in the fish we eat, e-coli outbreaks and the three worst “regressions” in modern history, including the one we are in now (have you lost your job or home yet? ) which President Obama inherited from the immediate past misadministration. And now, BP.
To add to Repugnicans’ three worst regressions in modern history we may add the worst environmental disaster in this country – ever. Stand tall Repugnicans, be proud of your work.