- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
SLIDESHOW: EHS SWIM AND DIVE: Enumclaw relay teams qualify for districts
The Enumclaw High girls 400-yard freestyle relay and 200 medley relay raced to district-qualifying times in the Hornets’ opening meet Thursday, a 98-85 nonleague loss to Sumner.
The 400 freestyle relay team of Ali Ballard, Rachel Holston, Jamie Ritzdorf and Carly Hinman won in 4 minutes, 25.18 seconds.
The Hornets’ medley relay of Cassie Cook, Bella Davenport, Erin Stucker and Erin Wessel qualified for the district meet with a second-place finish of 2:09.53.
The team’s 200 freestyle relay of Allie Larrea, Davenport, Wessel and Stucker was close to a district qualifying time with a 2:00.65 second-place finish.
Rachel Holston in the 50 freestyle, Stucker, 100 butterfly, and Davenport, 100 breaststroke, each finished second.
Hornets Erica Bonthuis, Nikki Wilson and Lauren Clarke swept the diving, finishing first, second and third, respectively.
The Hornets compete in their first league contest Thursday with Decatur at the King County Aquatic Center.