- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Enumclaw boys, girls defeat Bonney Lake during Sept. 22 cross country meet
The Enumclaw High cross country crew traveled to Bonney Lake Sept. 22 and swept the South Puget Sound League 3A dual meet.
The Hornet boys won 23-33 while the EHS girls were 27-33 victors, competing on a three-mile course that had competitors running primarily through the Demonstration Forest. Depth was the key for both Enumclaw teams.
On the boys side, Hornet Cory Johnson crossed the line first with a time of 16 minutes, 48 seconds. Also figuring in the winning score were Peter Berger, four place, 17:14; Alec Rhome, fifth, 17:22; Kevin Nelson, sixth, 17:29; and J. Williams, seventh, 17:34. Competing the varsity roster were Hunter Chlebowski, 10th, 17:52, and Hogan Olafson, 13th, 18:20.
The EHS girls' winning effort was headed by Chandler Weiman, who placed third in 19:20. Also finishing in the top five and counting toward the team score were Payton Vick, fourth, 19:40; Emily Eilertson, fifth, 20:10; Chelsea Weiman, seventh, 20:43; and Lindsay Ross, eighth, 20:46. Rouding out the varsity effort were Julia Harris, ninth, 20:52, and Taryn Schreiner, 10th, 21:24.