- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EHS CROSS COUNTRY: Enumclaw runners eat up Gators
The Enumclaw High cross country program had little difficulty dispatching visiting Decatur Oct. 13.
The Hornet boys took five of the top seven spots en route to a 20-41 decision. The EHS girls didn’t need to compete as the Gators put only two girls in the field; the results was an automatic 15-50 forfeit verdict for Enumclaw.
Running on their home course at Nolte State Park, Enumclaw’s boys dominated with Cory Johnson and Alec Rhome finishing first and second, respectively. Johnson completed his two laps around Deep Lake in 16 minutes, 54 seconds and Rhome was just a few strides behind at 16:57. Rounding out the EHS scoring were Kevin Nelson, who placed fourth with a time of 17:34; Peter Berger, sixth, 18:02; and Hayden Olafson, seventh, 18:15.
The girls race had 25 Enumclaw entries and the two Gators, who placed 18th and 21st. The top five finishers, in order, were Emily Eilertson, 19:46; Chandler Weiman, 20:03; Peyton Vick, 20:57; Julia Harris, 21:00; and Chelsea Weiman, 21:01.