- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EHS GIRLS BASKETBALL: Win evens Hornets league record
The Enumclaw High girls put together a Friday night, fourth-quarter rally that pushed them to a 49-47 victory over the visiting Peninsula Seahawks.
Enumclaw trailed 37-28 after three quarters of play, but outscored the Seahawks 21-10 during the final eight minutes to capture the South Puget Sound League 3A victory.
The win evened EHS’s league mark at 1-1. It was the team’s third victory in four games and improved the Hornets’ overall mark to 5-5.
Katina Ferguson scored 22 points to pace the Hornet offense and Jessica Snoen added 11.
The Hornets kicked off the SPSL 3A season Jan. 4 with a home loss to Lakes.
Only four EHS girls cracked the scoring column and they were led by Ferguson, who finished with 10 points.