- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
WRHS SWIM AND DIVE: WRHS posts district times
All but one time when they hit the water Thursday during competition with Steilacoom, White River High swimmers qualified for the district meet.
The Hornets faced Steilacoom in South Puget Sound League 2A action at the Enumclaw Aquatic Center. The Hornets came out on the short end of the 70-57 score, but purely because the four swimmers were outnumbered and didn’t compete in every event.
Seth Rickard, Elijah Cory, River Cory and Pierce DeHan kicked off the meet with a victory in the 200-yard medley relay and their first district time, 1 minute, 59.29 seconds, and followed it with another district time and win as Elijah Cory won the 200 freestyle.
The two wins gave WRHS the early lead, which they built as DeHan and River Corey went 1-2 in the 50 freestyle, both district times.
DeHan also won the 100 freestyle with a district time of 53.92. Rickard raced to a first-place, district-time of 6:09.57 in the 500 freestyle.
The foursome then won the 200 freestyle relay. River and Elijah Cory closed out the meet going 1-2 in the 100 breaststroke.