- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
WRHS BASEBALL: Lubking wins pitching duel
White River High’s baseball squad traveled to Sumner April 12 to play the only contest that the wet weather would allow and emerged the 6-4 winner, recording their sixth SPSL 2A triumph in as many league outings.
Hornet pitcher Trevor Lubking was pitted against Spartan Cameron Steffey and both hurlers went the distance, notching 10 strikeouts apiece.
In the end it was Lubking who pitched the gem, showing why he has worked 34 innings, is sporting a 5-0 pitching mark and has accumulated a noteworthy 2.06 earned-run average.
In the top of the contest’s seventh stanza, Hornet Caden Pugmire, who went 3 for 4 from the dish, crushed his initial round tripper of the season with a runner on board to put White River up 6-3.
The host Spartans rallied, with two away they loaded the bases and Lubking had to do some pressure-packed pitching to wriggle off the hook for his fifth win of the campaign, allowing only one earned.