- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Van Dam wins Grays Harbor season opener
Enumclaw's Henry Van Dam started sixth and charged to second within the first couple of laps, tossed in a few slide jobs with Rick Fauver and eventually cruised to a season-opening victory as 360 sprint car racing got under way Saturday at Grays Harbor Speedway in Elma.
After sliding around with Van Dam, Fauver's car came to a stop on the track and wound parked for the night. Once racing got back under way there was a battle between Jay Cole and Van Dam for first. After a few laps Van Dam had a comfortable lead and Cole found himself racing with Mitch Olson for second. A slide job from Olson on Cole in Turn 2 spelled disaster as Cole was not able to avoid driving up Olson's rear tire and both found themselves into the wall and not able to make it back onto the track.
After the red flag, the field was narrowed to five cars and Van Dam was able to cruise the 33v to Victory Lane in his first race of the year.