- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
State Tennis: Hornet duo put up fight
Enumclaw High's Rebekah Johnson and Gina Sanders got two good games in at the Class 3A state girls tennis championships in the Tri-Cities before making their way home. The Hornet pair dropped their opener 6-2, 6-1 to Grace Porter and Katie Jamieson of Bainbridge Island Friday morning. Matches were scheduled to be played at the Tri City Court Club and Kamiakin High School.The pair of seniors came back later in the day to face Anna Lauritzen and Katie Stewart of Everett. The Hornets dropped a 6-4, 6-2 contest.
White RiverWhite River High's Courtney Hall dropped her tournament opener to Alla Lefebvre of Burlington-Edison at the 2A girls state tennis singles championship at the Nordstrom Tennis Center at the University of Washington in Seattle. The Hornet lost in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2 Friday morning.She returned to the courts later in the day to face Jule Hansen of Black Hills, losing 6-2, 6-0 for an early exit.