- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Junior Hornet fourth-grade team blanks Tigers
The fourth-grade Junior Hornets blanked the Northeast Tigers 18-0 at historic Stadium field in Tacoma Saturday.
Jackson McCann scored two touchdowns and Layne Boise added another in the win. Defensively, Jack Thomas tallied an impressive tackle behind the line of scrimmage, Cash Jonas had an interception and Logan Allen made a colossal hit.
Despite the performances of Daniel Rogers, Trevor Chase and Kameron McKee, the fifth-grade team lost a 16-0 filler game to the Raiders.
The sixth-grade team won 34-12.
The seventh-grade team won big, 45-19, over the Tigers. Jacob Revell, Zak Carroll and Taylor Beaird each scored. Kidder McKee thew three touchdown passes. Eric Knutson, Aiden Michaelson and Chase Neidigh each had quarterback sacks. Alec Rasmussen also had a big play.
The eight-grade team beat the Tigers 44-0. Tanner Turnbow scored two touchdowns. Connor Pierce, Dan Heep, Tyler Harris and Scott Garvin each added one. E.J Knotts was a defensive standout and Giolele Englehart blocked aggressively.
The Junior Hornets play at Pete’s Pool Saturday against the Jaguars.