- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EHS FOOTBALL: Hornet finale ends in loss
The Enumclaw High football team’s 2011 campaign came to an end when the Hornets visited the Peninsula Seahawks Thursday evening and suffered a 48-6 loss.
Enumclaw finished its season 1-7 and was 0-5 in South Puget Sound League 3A play.
Enumclaw raised a few eyebrows early, when quarterback Tyler Carlson hooked up with Zack Mason on a 10-yard touchdown strike.
Slowly but surely the reality of the mismatch began to unfold, as EHS discovered Peninsula was precisely the smash-mouth bully all had expected.
Enumclaw’s defense was shoved all over the field by a hefty Peninsula line and stout Peninsula senior ball carrier Danny Welstad ran for touchdowns treks of 16, 39, 47 and 60 yards.
Welstad, who finished the regular season as the leading ground gainer in the SPSL 3A with more than 2,500 rushing yards, toted the pigskin 24 times for 215 yards.