- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EHS WRESTLING: Enumclaw pins down win over Orting in battle of top-ranked
Pitting two of the state's top high school wrestling programs against each other for a nonleague dual makes for an exciting match for fans.
Wednesday night's battle between top-ranked 3A Enumclaw and top-ranked 1A Orting brought the crowd to its feet as the Hornets scored three pins in the final three matches for a come-from-behind 40-29 win over the Cardinals in Orting.
Trailing 29-22, EHS's final roll started with Kelyn Wallin's fall at 170 pounds, followed with pins from Wyley Stewart and T.J. Cormier to cap the night.
Orting got big wins from three-time state champion Drew Templeman who turned the tide for Orting with a technical fall over Travis Reano and defending state champion Shannon Maris.
The Hornets close out the regular league season tonight, Thursday, Jan. 23, at home with Decatur and then head to face top-ranked 4A Tahoma in the Battle of the Bone in Maple Valley Friday. This match is the Comcast Match of the Week. Both matches begin at 7 p.m.